So I've slacked off...it's pretty sad when you can lie in bed and feel the pain still even though you haven't run in a long while. One mile here, one mile there...nothing really.
And now I have heel pain. I'm not exactly following doctor's orders in the sense that I don't wear my orthotics every day...with warmer weather comes flip flops. I'd wear flip flops year 'round if I could. Apparently they're going to be my downfall.
I've fallen into a sort of running funk or slump or both. I see others out running and I'm jealous yet, I feel just discouraged enough to not put forth any effort.
So I am recommitting myself this week. I have to start training if I'm going to do the half in April 2011. Plus there's Race for the Cure coming up this Fall. It's ridiculous.
I'm thinking I need to just find a fun run around here and run it soon. I think that'll help. It's pitiful really...it's doing nothing for my psyche just moaning and groaning about it all. And frankly, it's hard starting over again but I must. Bah!
No comments:
Post a Comment