Had the best run I've had in months this last Monday. I did a little something different at the suggestion of a friend and fellow runner who just did the Half at the OKC Memorial. He suggested listening to a book on the ole pod rather than the music which spurs you on, sometimes in a good way, other times beyond the pace you should be tracking.
So I packed up my good friend Chip Ingram and headed out. JM was right. This is the way to go. Not only did I learn as I ran, I didn't feel compelled to go a particular pace. I listened to my own rhythm and body needs. I also seemed to get lost in him speaking quite a bit and was able to crank out more time moving than usual.
Another thing I did on my last lap around the pond...I tilted my statue. I have finally figured out there is something to this Chi Running thing. Granted I haven't read the book but have viewed some videos on Youtube. I tilted at my waist and sort of leaned forward as I ran...this gave me better balance, took off some strain on my lower legs and well, propelled me forward more easily.
I was thrilled. Granted I only eeked out 1.5...but I had to reassure myself, I'm at the base of the mountain again. This isn't the fun part, this is the grunt work but it's so worth it.
Originally I had decided to do a 5k all by myself in June. But I've decided against it. I'm far from ready. So I'm setting my sights on Race for the Cure this Fall. And taking my time. So far, so good.
Happy Running!
No comments:
Post a Comment