Saturday, July 3, 2010

Left Wanting

So I haven't posted in forever because I've been battling shin splints and now plantar fascitis forever. Next week I go to the PT. I should have done that the first time when the Doc offered. BIG MISTAKE.

I've tried other things. The Ellip again, the bike even...nothing compares.

Thursday I couldn't resist any longer and went for a walk/run. I only ran .25 but I ended up in total going 3 miles. And I'll do it again. I'll walk and walk and walk if that's what I have to do because it's the forward motion on my feet that does it. Granted running is much more satisfying but I'm not giving up.

It's been awfully hard to have to back off. I've never wanted more to be able to run now that I can't.

What's so frustrating is this is good for me and I can't do it. Rarely do I find myself limited like this and it's been playing Jedi mind tricks on me.

Happy Running...Walking I mean!

1 comment:

  1. give it time. do PT and heal. i believe you will run again, i do!

    ReplyDelete