Thursday, July 15, 2010

Foot Massage...3 times a week?!?!?!

So I'm almost through week 2 of PT. I get a foot massage every time I go after I do my exercises/stretches. Not so bad...I should have told them I plantar fascitis in both feet however.

I have a goal of October 9th for the Race for the Cure...by then this will have all come full circle.

My first year of running has been challenging. At first, it seemed like a dream and I just took off. To my own detriment, I did too much too soon.

And then started the downward decline in December then again in March and then again in May. But I've learned a lot by slowing down. I've learned that I really do love this silly thing called running. I've learned that I'm committed enough to find answers when there doesn't seem to be any. I'm not above asking for help although it took me a good 6 months to admit I was truly injured.

I've also learned to appreciate the gift of running and the desire to do so. I know now...it's the only thing for me. I've tried to do other things...it's just not the same.

So now that I'm getting equipped with better stretching techniques and more specific exercises...hopefully I'll just be smarter and more equipped when I finally am released to return to running.

Happy Running! If you can...do!

No comments:

Post a Comment