After 5 months of no running and almost a month of PT, I'm pretty done with waiting.
Tuesday night I walked in and Rick and the boys were listening to Boom Boom Pow by the Black Eyed Peas. The emotions that washed over me were surprising. That song had been sort of "fight song" for me when I first started running. It pushed me on and helped me keep going. Suddenly, my throat got choked up and I wanted to cry. Yes, this is how much I missed running. I determined that it was time to run again...
And so Thursday I got my first mile in. As I neared the end, emotions were flooding through me. I love running so much and it does so much for me, I could hardly contain myself....and this was just for a mile but it never felt better to be back.
Granted, I had to fib to my PT people...but I couldn't help it, it's time.
Happy Running!
No comments:
Post a Comment