Monday, August 9, 2010

Made my appointment

I sat in total jealousy last night when a fellow runner friend, TM, announced she's up to 5 miles. Seriously? I'm dying! Yes, I have complete runner's envy. It made me want to abandon myself to the pain and hop on the tready right now and zoom off to out do her. Yes, that's how horribly competitive I am.

But I'm not gonna...because if there's one thing I've learned, it's that I do have limits and when you're injured, you're just prolonging the injury if you don't slow down and pay attention to your body.

Let's recap:  My initial pains started in December of 2009...it's now August of 2010 and while I think we have the situation figured out...how far would I be running right now had I stopped and gone to see the Doc in December of 2009!!!!????

But seriously, I have learned some things and well, I hope to ultimately come out on top of this and better for it. One thing, as I've said prior, I know now that I love running and I'm willing to fight for it just like my man...

Happy Running!

No comments:

Post a Comment