Sunday, November 7, 2010

The Truth Hurts

So I've learned a lot about myself this past year. And I've also learned patience is not my strong suit. Wait...maybe I knew that.

But currently, I am NOT running. I am finally letting my body heal. Running in those dern orthotics at the 5k (pre-discussion with Tim at OKRUNNER)...has well, really done something to my leg that didn't need doing and really aggravated whatever it is I did initially.

So I'm walking. Walking isn't fun. I want to start jogging but until I can press firmly into my calf and not feel pain, I ain't gonna do it.

In the meantime, I making a concerted effort to clean up my eating habits...have lost 11 pounds just doing that and have waaay more energy and pep in my step and gladness...pants fitting better these days too! Which is always good.

I will run again. I'm not giving up, I'm just being smarter. I want so badly to do the April Memorial Thing in OKC...so I'm setting my sights on the 5K. I know it's a walk, but I bet there'll be people running some too...I still want to trail run but I really need to get strong to do that because of the uneven surface. So baby steps to a change.

I feel it fitting to post Lance Armstrong's quote here...yet again.

"When we make incremental change, we are on our way to monumental change." - Lance Armstrong

Happy Running! Happy Changing!

No comments:

Post a Comment