Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Just when you thought...

Just when you thought that maybe you won't get back into running and you say a quick prayer to Abba because although you're losing weight eating better...you really know you want to run again, something happens. It also happens to happen the exact morning you're saying these prayers in the back of your head...

You can't tell me this wasn't God. You just can't.

I just won 2 compression socks with ice packs off of this blog:  http://www.skinnyrunner.com/

My dear Friend and encourager...AN sent me the link on FB. I'm not an avid blog reader, just a blogger here and there. I entered with no expectations. I almost didn't enter because well, I just don't generally enter contests. We were to comment on how we ice down, fight shin splints, I was honest. I wasn't cute about it.

And I WON!

My point is...you just never know where encouragement for your RUN is going to come from.

When I first started running a friend who happened to be a PT encouraged me to keep trying despite the shin splints. She said God can heal you Megan...he can heal you from anything...heart hurts, body hurts....and what running does for me spiritually I cannot emphasize enough. I was so discouraged because I'd found something and my body was telling me no, slow down, when in my mind I was running a marathon! Seriously.

Rick also warned me about slowing down for a reason, maybe God was trying to show me something...he encouraged me to dig deeper...and a year later, I see God's hand in a lot of what I did and didn't do. In the injury and the learning that took place and the people I've gotten to talk to, learn from...

I was just thinking this morning about blogging about what running does for me spiritually and for my time with Abba. I miss the quiet with Him. The pushing through, the praying, the I'm doing this for You and for me.

Running teaches you many things and most of them are in your head and heart.

Thanks Abba! I will get back in the game. For the RIGHT reasons, not to lose weight so much as I think I sort of became obsessed with how it rolled off, I can do that with proper eating habits...but for you and me and the lessons I learn when pounding it out.

Slow and steady always finishes the race. I still believe that. The journey is the best part whether it's one mile, two or 26.2. It doesn't matter, it's about the path, the goal...and Him for me.

Happy Running!

1 comment:

  1. I can't express how happy I am for you that you won. I miss my running buddy and I just wanna say Yea God!

    ReplyDelete