Thursday, December 31, 2009

In a trance...

Well, I can say yes to Podrunner. Downloaded two sessions, one at 160 BPM and one at 143 BPM. I'll have to play with this idea a bit. Because while I liked the faster mix, the slower mix was better for me at this point in my journey. There's so many to choose from...well, it was great regardless.

I like not having to switch songs when I get to one on my Shuffle that I don't 'feel' that day. I like the contiguousness of the Podrunner session.

I also like the constant beat, it puts me in that runner's trance or the MKS trance I haven't decided which it is. Is there a runner's trance? I dunno, something to google when I feel like googling it. :)

Anyway, it puts you in the zone. I started thinking about dance music, you know, techno, I don't know what they call it today, House Music? Anyway...I've always loved it. Not a clubber, never was...yet I have gotten at least 2 speeding tickets due to it. Yes, I like to go...fast, in a car not so much on the tready right now.

Then I thought about drums...marching band. Ah, marching band...the beat keeps you going the way you should. Music is good for the soul and thankfully goes hand in hand with running. I never listened to music when I rode. You shouldn't...I don't recommend it. You gotta listen your horse and I mean both physically and mentally. They talk you know?

Back to horses...I miss mine. Sorry, random there.

And I wanna give props to the one woman (probably my age) that came to the gym this afternoon. We dress about the same (ultra casual), run about the same time, and have about the same build, she's a little faster (too competitive for my own good) but there was a time this afternoon, we were in sync. Funny thing though (well, funny to me) we were facing opposite directions so we had this rhythmic thing going...I noticed we sort of fell into cadence with one another. I enjoyed that. It's kind of like when you're walking with someone and you just naturally pace each other or in riding when you're riding with someone and you maintain side by side, your horses, working as a team almost,...time seems in tune or symmetrical or better yet...sort of that moment when you have a sort of corporate experience with a group of people you don't know and everything feels, well, Zen. Like in church when you sing without instruments sometimes and it seems like Heaven.

Okay I went off a bit there, but it's that kind of thing. Is this making sense? It was encouraging that's all. I'm too distracted by people, still not a team player, I'm telling you, better on my own.

So yes, Podrunner. No, to the Hershey bar with Almonds I ate on the way there, hey it's New Year's Eve.

Happy Running! In 2010!

1 comment:

  1. I'm with you on the corporate experience. Like when we saw the guy at 6 am running in our 'hood. Or the 5k. Ah the 5k. You're gonna dig it too. I just know.

    ReplyDelete