So did you miss me?
Well, I decided to come back at the urging of 2 people who love me...and you know who you are.
So I'm back.
Did my first outside run since early Fall when I failed to get the running bug. It was PK at dusk and it was cold. It was a short run because of various dogs that were unknown to me, darkness, extreme cold with a lack of earmuffs and well, some coyotes that were a little too close.
I say when you can hear coyotes calling above your Podrunner mix...it's time to turn around.
My Aunt's Lab, Duke, didn't help. He was supposed to escort but being too loyal, he planted himself just outside her gate and barked at me as I took off down the road. I know what he was saying...it's too dark, it's too cold and you know what? There's coyotes that way. But hey, I really wanted to do it.
So I did.
I ended up only going about a half mile because it was an unlit rock road...and well, did I mention the coyotes?
But it was heaven. It really was. I'll admit I'm slower on the pavement/rocks, so what? I felt like I was sort of crawling a bit but this time I could not have cared less. I loved every moment of connecting with the outside. Music pumpin', heart pumpin', eyes wide open in the location I pray to retire to...it was heaven, plain and simple.
Today the sun came out for the first time in what seems like an eternity. I saw a few runners out and about as I drove around doing my rat killing on this busy Friday. I was jealous. I cheered them on. And I drove past our local running park and wished I had the time to do a little jaunt around.
I promised myself possibly this afternoon, I just might after I drop E off at the grandparents...both kids will be squared away for the afternoon...I just may do it.
My hopes for the Spring include more outdoor running. Fleshing out a little group I've started called weRun that will join up monthly to run metro parks in groups. Much safer, more fun, and well, we can spur each other on and learn from each other.
Yes, Folks, I'm still satisfied with this new love. And I'm looking forward to 4/25, my first official 5k. It's not much but it'll be so wonderful to go and figure it all out and continue to whet my appetite for the run.
So I run with purpose in every step. I am not just shadowboxing. 1 Cor 9:26 NLT
Happy Running!
No comments:
Post a Comment