Well, after finally going to the doc to see what in the world is going on with my right calf....and finally after getting the x ray results back and learning there's NOT a thing wrong with my calf...well, at least that an x ray can determine...and after taking time off from running and getting depressed...
I'm back!
Second run outside tonight in the past week or so....I love running outside! But for me, I will admit, it's much harder to keep up my endurance. I have no idea why...is it the hills, the changing lay of the land...the lack of climate control? The stinking wind? I have no idea but it feels like a whole new ball of wax and one I'm ready to get more familiar with. It's a new challenge...and I find I really do have to push myself in a completely different way than I do on the treadmill, just watching the distance tick off, the time whiz with a machine controlling my speed.
Still loving my SuperFeet. Happy I have them and very aware that they are there and doing their job. Thank you to the sales staff at The Runner in OKC, you have my business for life. :)
I am now officially registered for my first race. The Redbud Classic 5k. A good place to start me thinks. And I am so very thankful to have my Amigas, TM and AN running with me...what fun we'll have...
And while I'm having to really cut back on the distance I run before I walk and break up my running with more walking than I'm used to.... And while I've had some serious setbacks physically (well, not too serious) and mentally and even emotionally a bit...because I started to wonder if I was losing my love for running with the pain, the weather not allowing me outside and the crowds at the gym making me feel claustrophobic...(yes, I'm high maintenance, just ask R)....I'm still very much in love with running and feel very committed to setting another goal soon.
But first, my first race. I'm going to diligently work to run every other day up to the 11th...and then celebrate! I need to make up for some serious lost time...but I can and I will do it...because in my heart of hearts, there's nothing like THE RUN.
Happy Running!
to answer your Qs about endurance and outside...YES! (sigh) :-P
ReplyDelete