I chose this title to my post today because it makes me think of the song "He Ain't Heavy". I prefer a cover done by a band whose name currently escapes me but that I relished in College.
'She ain't heavy' though refers to myself. I'm sort of having to really carry myself now that I'm back into running. Granted I had a setback...orthotics doc said, no running until, well today. But of course I broke the rules and went on Sunday. I only eeked out 3/4 of a mile. Yes, 3/4. Can I tell you how discouraging this was for me?
I spent the rest of the time walking and doing hill work. I went the 3.1 I need to master by October 9th. Got off the tready and sighed. I felt down and out. I felt a little apprehensive about ever making it back to where I was and beyond. I also felt some fear that I'd lost my love and I felt...well, depressed.
The good news is, after my little jaunt, no pain with my new orthotics. Miraculously, no shin pain whatsoever. I realize 3/4 of a mile isn't far...but in the past I certainly felt something no matter the distance.
So tonight I hop on and head out again on a journey. Tonight I will do a mile, then probably walk 2.1 if I feel I can do no more...I have a plan. It's going to involve a lot of self-talk. It's going to involve a lot of prayer...but I have a plan to make it to RFTC.
Happy Running!
Girl, I know you got that boom boom pow so don't be jackin' your style :-) I will be at RFTC. You are more than welcome to start out w/me and my niece. We will be taking walk breaks every 10 to 15 minutes. I'm pretty much counting on it. BTW I'm on week 5 of Couch to 5 k. Maybe you should pick up there and see if you can do it? Just a sugg.
ReplyDelete