Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Hello

So I've given the ole ellip a second chance...and the results were surprisingly acceptable. Last night I hopped on went comfortably fast (much faster than I can running) and clocked in 3.25 miles in just under 40 minutes. No, I'm not breaking any world records but I found that by staying consistent, keeping the speed up and letting myself think I was running...I actually enjoyed it. I'm ready for more in fact.

Sure, it won't be the same...but I pepped talked myself into accepting that pain-free is better for me. I hopped off sweaty but not hurting. I can do a few 5ks here and there and maybe just train on the elliptical. It's not really what I want to do but as Rick keeps encouraging...it's time to listen to my body and my body doesn't do well with the pounding that running gives it.

I did attempt a trail run this weekend on our girls' trip...I thoroughly enjoyed it and suffered the shin splints in my one leg later that day and every day since. I've done all I can do...it's time to adapt.

I'm also introducing a better way of eating...which will take some adjusting...reading The New Atkins diet and although I've had many poo poo the idea...I think they're on to something. I'll let you know though.

Happy Running...or should I say...Happy Exercising...it may be time to change my thinking!

1 comment:

  1. I'm happy to see your positive spin. I look forward to hearing about your way of eating. I'd love for you to share typical breakfasts lunches and/or dinners and how you are incorporating this into your family's lifestyle :-) Hugs to you!

    ReplyDelete