Okay, I've decided to order some compression sleeves. I went with Zensah's in a neon yellow/green. I don't know if they'll work...people swear by them but yet again...I know where I've been and the time I've lost due to shin splints. I'm currently awaiting their arrival and received notice they shipped yesterday. Yep, still scared, will probably wait to run until they are on my shins and then and only then will I eek out whatever it is I'm capable of!
Here is a post AN shared with me...everything this woman says is me and I felt encouraged to stay within my limits after reading this!!!
http://www.sideofsneakers.com/2011/01/17/overcoming-injury-guest-post/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+WithASideOfSneakers+%28with+a+Side+of+Sneakers%29
My biggest fear is always failure pretty much for everything in my life. Not living up to my expectations as to what I am capable of is my worst enemy...along with a good dose of perfectionistic tendencies...but alas, I miss the run.
I don't want to hurt and I don't want to get addicted to PUSHING myself again. The key to this next chapter of my running will be knowing when to say when...being consistent but not pushing and loving my run enough to back off, slow down and just build my distance slowly.
Running has so much to teach me even in the days ahead! I have read time and time again how people view running as a truly fitting metaphor for life! Life is very much the same as running, you overdo, you pay the price. You give and you get.
Discipline, determination and loving yourself produce good things in your life as well as your run...now if I can just get out there and not compete so much against myself!!!
Happy Running!
No comments:
Post a Comment