Friday, January 15, 2010

Just Do It

Some of the stuff I am learning...trying to pace, trying to keep the main thing, THE MAIN THING:
1. I've had to admit that yes, sometimes being a good runner means NOT running. Hoped off the tready Weds night, couldn't pull it through. The pain? Where is the pain coming from? I'm thinking, it's time to just be evaluated...is it me, my technique, is it my overpronating tendencies, do I need to bulk up, time to ask the docs. I'm not afraid too, I don't want to tear myself up. I want to be doing this 10, 20 years from now. Serious.

2.  Staying dedicated and inspired is work,  but it's worth it. And it's not hard to stay inspired if you let yourself find the encouragement available. Don't be afraid to look for it!

3.  Feed yourself. I mean it! I'm slowly losing weight. I have no idea how much, I just know my clothes are fitting better and more loosely. But I'm eating waaaay more than I ever have (well, with the exception of my college days...but hey, I had that metabolism thing going with no effort, a curse and a blessing) and trying to make proper choices.

4.  Continue to educate yourself on what is good here, there and everywhere. This doesn't have to be a tyrannical education of a certain mindset...just get smart about what you're doing, eating, and how you're treating yourself. And love yourself enough to say, it's okay, you did your yearly Long John Silver's trip today...tell him good bye, see you next year!

5. Don't be afraid to pick everyone's brain on anything...you'll find a lot of resources are found in your friends and your family as well as that love/hate relationship you may have with Google. I try my best not to get too hopped up on any conversations about running, I mean, not everyone is interested, right?

That's all for now.

Happy Running!

1 comment:

  1. You can always email me or anything about running, although I'm new at this........

    ReplyDelete