Love me some JACK JOHNSON.
Okay. I had a phenomenal run last night. I've decided that I'm a night runner. Early evening to be exact. Funny, this is when I used to ride the most too or enjoy it the most. And I do enjoy an early evening run, dusk has always been my fave time of day even if it doesn't exist so much right now. I really do dislike winter despite it's wonderful purposes.
I've done 2 runs this week in the mid morning...worst time of day for me. Sorry, AN. I've been exhausted by the middle of the afternoon and about ready to pull my hair out by dinner time and ready to run to my bed by 7:30...which I cannot do being a mother and wife. Wish I could...but...I can't.
I did make it back to 2.1 last night and I'll tell you it ROCKED! John Bingham is dead on. 1. Inspiration 2. Perspiration 3. Dedication and 4. CELEBRATION! I enjoyed it more this time around than the first time, pre-injury.
I've also decided because a good run is better than a long run...even though I do love to be able to run long...that I'm training for a 5k. Yes, I know, I could push myself, be competitive with myself and train for the 10k leg of the Memorial Marathon. I could. I know I could. But what if no one joins me? I still could...
But I don't want to. This is my first time out of the gate so to speak and I'm gonna ease up on myself and just shoot for this star...the 5k. It's not much I said to myself. It's 3.1. Just 3.1 and you're one mile from that! Come on! You could do better! I know. I know. I know.
But you know what, it's not about that THIS TIME. It may never be about that. I want to get a race under my belt. I want to know how it works, what it means...what have you. So what if they call it a walk/run, I may have to walk/run. I'll do this and get my toe in the proverbial water and then set another goal....for another race or organized run. I don't even like calling it a race. See? I've got issues.
Happy Running!
No comments:
Post a Comment